Followers the people who likes

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Feeling Energy - The Law of Attraction and Our Emotional State

What are you feeling at this moment? Well that feeling, whatever it is, is the energy you are putting out into the universe right now. That energy, positive or negative, is setting the 'law of attraction' in motion and shaping the circumstances of your future. This is why it is so important to begin to be aware of your emotional state as you go through your day.


I was reminded of this only the other night as I lay in bed trying to get to sleep. I had been working late and hadn't made time for my usual relaxation and meditation routine. Consequently my thoughts were running wild round my head like a thundering train without a driver.


My focus drifted to a person in my life whose occasional negative comments I usually ignore but this time they had said something about a friend and it had gotten to me slightly. As I lay there my state and emotions began to spiral downwards into a more negative place. I imagined myself telling this person exactly what I thought of their opinions. All sorts of scenarios came up in my imagination where I was scolding them and generally making them look bad in front of others.


After about five minutes of this my body was pulsing with adrenaline. I had a sick feeling in my stomach and my energy, optimism and normal positive state had plummeted. I was hot and sweaty and it hit me how much I had let myself indulge in these negative impulses.


At this point I realised what was happening and got out of bed as I knew I would not fall asleep any time soon. I needed to let go of these negative associations. I had broken one of my own rules which is to only fill my mind and body with positives before going to sleep.


I had to break this state of mind and this pattern of thought by giving my mind something else to do. I performed a couple of yoga sun salutations. Physical activity is great for shifting states! I Followed this with some simple breath control; a few deep breaths and then focused for a couple of minutes on slow breathing. After making myself a cup of warm milk (it is thought the 'Tryptophan' in milk helps create 'Serotonin' in the brain, which helps you sleep) and a piece of toast, I felt in a completely different frame of mind; more positive, balanced and a good deal calmer.


None of us are immune to these moments. We are human beings; all of us learning and developing ourselves, but we must be vigilant to the tricks and illusions created by our wandering minds and egos. We do have control over our state of mind and we can shift ourselves to a 'better' emotional place but only if we are aware of what is going on. By feeling better and more positive we are creating a more positive future for ourselves by harnessing the law of attraction in the best way. The period before sleep is one of the most important times in our positive mind training. Becoming more conscious of our emotions and how we are feeling in our bodies at different times is one of the keys steps to 'feeling wealthy'

No comments: